Game Design Discussions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To 052011,..

4 posters

Go down

To 052011,.. Empty To 052011,..

Post  Admin Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:12 pm

Hello people,

This is where you guys can share your ideas as forum posts and get critiques from everyone else inside..
I hope that this isn't just an all-to-one communication..I'm hoping that everyone has an equal say over the game proposal and its ideas..
So..post away... Cool Twisted Evil

Admin
Admin

https://gaenhauz.forumms.net

Back to top Go down

To 052011,.. Empty The basics?

Post  S.E.A.N Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:31 am

"Game Objective"
The hero needs to first seek out the Rivals before able to challenge them. He or she will have to choose between advantage and morality after successfully gaining information about the enemy. The decisions will cause different outcomes to the ending and also different gameplay.

The player begins by choosing the main hero of the game. After the player manages to finish the first play through, another character will be unlocked. Each characters feature a different story but all of them are related.

The game is composed of action, adventure and puzzle solving. Players control the hero in a third person perspective in 3D open world of a small city which the player is free to explore and discover items and side quests.

Players may also discover trivial information around the city, such as TV advertisements, books, magazine, and articles from the Internet. This information may contain vital clues which can help the player to progress through the story and solve various side-quests. NPCs around the city also play a similar role as the mass media; sometimes NPCs will tell players what to search for in the media in order for them to solve problems. For example: The NPC heard of a chemistry text book in the local café which can help the hero to create a strong acid which can corrode a lock. The NPC’s will also inform the player regarding the sighting of possessed people locations and time of appearance.

The hero must venture into the minds of the possessed which contain information about the next Rival. In the minds of these possessed, called Deviants, the player’s objective is to unlock the vital memory of the person by placing connections called Synapse Pillars. During the course of placing the pillars, the demons will attack the hero and try to disrupt the connection. The hero must defend those pillars and defeat the enemies by using weapons and magic.
S.E.A.N
S.E.A.N

Back to top Go down

To 052011,.. Empty Re: To 052011,..

Post  Admin Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:10 am

so technically, this is pretty much a mystery detective game in a sandbox setting? Will friendship play a big role?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:19 am

S.E.A.N wrote:"Game Objective"
The hero needs to first seek out the Rivals before able to challenge them. He or she will have to choose between advantage and morality after successfully gaining information about the enemy. The decisions will cause different outcomes to the ending and also different gameplay. (What do you mean by different gameplay?)

The player begins by choosing (there are more than one main character to start with?) the main hero of the game. After the player manages to finish the first play through, another character will be unlocked. Each characters feature a different story but all of them are related. (Much like Odin Sphere?)

The game is composed of action, adventure and puzzle solving. Players control the hero in a third person perspective in 3D open world of a small city which the player is free to explore and discover items and side quests.

Players may also discover trivial information around the city, such as TV advertisements, books, magazine, and articles from the Internet (people?). This information may contain vital clues which can help the player to progress through the story and solve various side-quests. NPCs around the city also play a similar role as the mass media; sometimes NPCs will tell players what to search for in the media in order for them to solve problems. For example: The NPC heard of a chemistry text book in the local café which can help the hero to create a strong acid which can corrode a lock. The NPC’s will also inform the player regarding the sighting of possessed people locations and time of appearance (I take it that this is gonna be a story-heavy game, much like Heavy Rain with combat?).

The hero must venture into the minds of the possessed which contain information about the next Rival. In the minds of these possessed, called Deviants, the player’s objective is to unlock the vital memory of the person by placing connections called Synapse Pillars. During the course of placing the pillars, the demons will attack the hero and try to disrupt the connection. The hero must defend those pillars and defeat the enemies by using weapons and magic (Now how does combat work? What happened to the previous daemon pact feature and leveling ups?).

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:20 am

Come on people....need more feedbacks..

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  S.E.A.N Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:51 pm

The combat stuff i post on facebook still applies. This is the "basics".
S.E.A.N
S.E.A.N

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:28 pm

i didnt find it...where? in facebook?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  S.E.A.N Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:00 am

well my bad i dint post on facebook. sorry
but its like last time i showed you.

but since my super bad luck curse happend again i can't show you.

I LOST MY FREAKING PENDRIVE!!!! @#$$@#$@# T_T
S.E.A.N
S.E.A.N

Back to top Go down

Post  S.E.A.N Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:00 am

i write the combat system.....again later.
S.E.A.N
S.E.A.N

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightzterror Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:11 pm

you forget it at the Mac Lab?
Nightzterror
Nightzterror

Back to top Go down

Post  S.E.A.N Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:07 am

no. lost it on the street i guess. really hate my bag right now.
S.E.A.N
S.E.A.N

Back to top Go down

Post  SalteMishel Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:42 pm

could it be at the printing shop? O.o
SalteMishel
SalteMishel

Back to top Go down

Post  S.E.A.N Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:37 pm

Anyone knows how to play backgammon?
S.E.A.N
S.E.A.N

Back to top Go down

Post  S.E.A.N Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:14 pm

Sir remember last time i post something about if you use seven sins to interact with NPCs that the player will earn a penalty during combat and you say wrath wasn good because it attacks everything?

how bout no experience for that round?
S.E.A.N
S.E.A.N

Back to top Go down

Post  S.E.A.N Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:54 pm

New updates on my game proposal.

Searching Information
To seek out information about the next Rival, the player needs to go around town to find possessed people (Also called Deviant). Different Deviant have different characteristics (Example: people possessed by Sloth demons look quite lazy) and shows the next Rival’s Sin (Example: most people possessed by Sloth demons, so next Rival sin is Sloth). To find Deviants, the player needs to spot them in the mass of people by talking to NPC’s. Sometimes the NPCs will tell you about the whereabouts of this Deviant when the hero talks to them, then the hero has to follow the lead and defeat the Deviant.

Normally, if the player decides to become a decent character, the player should talk to NPC’s and try to fulfill some request.

If the NPCs refuse to disclose such information, the player can select options which can force him/her to reveal the important clue. The options available for the player are based on the 7 sins which are called 7 Sins Option, with each sin showing different actions and ways to obtain the clue from the reluctant NPC. These NPCs will give some hints to the player after the player used one of the options, and then the player can either take the hint and leave or continue to interrogate the previous NPC using the options again. The list of option will slowly decrease until the NPC discloses everything.

General ways to solve problems using 7 sins:
Pride= Make the NPC challenge the hero in some contest
Envy= Pretend to admire NPC
Sloth= Ignore the NPC
Lust = Entice with sexual means
Wrath= Violence (beat‘em up)
Gluttony= Entice with food
Greed= Entice with material goods

These options may not appear in every interaction with the NPCs, it only appears when valid to the situation. Although the objective is to seek out the deviant, players have to mind the ways which they search the information. The use of the 7 Sins Option may allow the player to obtain clues more easily, however using such option too much will affect the player during combat as well as non-combat gameplay. The number of usage of the options will decrease the Virtue points/VP and once the entire virtue meter is depleted, the hero will suffer Penance during battle sequence. The type of Penance will be chosen randomly and last for a certain time period during combat.

Types of Penance:
Pride= Defense becomes zero.
Envy= HP depletes becomes until become 1.
Sloth= Cannot run and jump
Lust= Cannot use magic
Wrath= Disconnect from Synapse Pillar.
Gluttony= Consume all food in inventory but heal no HP.
Greed= Money gradually depletes.

As for how the Virtue points affect non-combat gameplay, if the player used too much of the 7 Sins Option, NPC’s will start to react to the player differently. For example, if the player tends to use Wrath option too often, NPC’s tends to avoid conversation with you because they are scared of the character. If the character decides to force them to talk, they might called the local authority and capture you, which results in penalty of time to search for information and certain valuables. The consequences depends on the option of the player frequently use.

Battle sequence
While trying to engage a Deviant, the hero will enter the possessed person’s mind. The background of the mind depends on the attributes of the Deviant. The view of combat interface will be in third-person perspective just like Kingdom Hearts and in real-time.

The objective of the combat system is to connect Synapse Pillars from the player’s end to the Deviant’s. Player is given certain amount of souls to build Pillars at the start (each Pillars with different connecting range). The player must travel to a section of the map and place the Pillars. Player can build more Pillars by capturing the enemies’ Pillar on the map or defeating demons to earn souls to build more Pillars until the connection is complete.

The player will encounter demons when venturing deep into the mind. The demons will try to attack the hero until the hero health bar is completely depleted. Sometimes the demons will spawn in player’s Pillars and tries to destroy it. The player must go back to defeat enemies there or the connection is severed. The player can also use the souls earned and summon units of demons to help defend the Pillars.

Besides being used as a connector, the Synapse Pillars has two more functions; exit point and recovery point. The hero can exit the map anytime if a Pillar anywhere from the map is accessed. The hero can also heal themselves given that they have enough supplies. However if the connection of the Pillars are severed, the hero cannot exit or heal until the connection is repaired.

After the connection is complete, the player will be shown a clip of the memory and earn rewards (new ability etc). The player then exits the mind and seeks out another Deviant for clues.
S.E.A.N
S.E.A.N

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:19 am

Looks okay...though i'm worried players might get annoyed with the idea of traveling all the way back to a pillar just to beat spawn demons and protect the pillar repetitively..
can pillars be fortified..?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  S.E.A.N Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:40 pm

well you can wrap back to any pillar you place.

as the game goes, you level up and gain access to different new types of pillars like longer connection range, stronger defense, summon more power demons to help etc
S.E.A.N
S.E.A.N

Back to top Go down

Post  SalteMishel Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:38 am

hmm...the depleting is slowly come 1 as the battle goes or directly? I think until zero is a bit over, maybe like few percent of the defence or health?
SalteMishel
SalteMishel

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:57 pm

??? wrap or warp?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  S.E.A.N Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:47 pm